This building project is known as the Link project.
To raise approx. £350K to provide high quality, multipurpose facilities with a view to engaging the community and enable growth in the church.
The vision of the church is to be a driving force in sharing the love of Jesus and building relationships through expanding and developing our work in the community and town of Christchurch by:
- Supporting the next generation – children, youth and families.
- Marriage and parenting support.
- Supporting and providing services for the elderly, such as those with physical and mental health issues, and their carers, providing a friendly and caring environment, and reducing social isolation.
- Befriending activities
- Supporting the disadvantaged and deprived; those on low income, or with social needs e.g. debt management and counselling / housing /Food Bank.
- Encouraging fitness for all ages.
- Providing support in the field of mental health including stress and anxiety management in line with NHS and CCG objectives.
- To build a large multi-purpose hall by replacing the existing Fun Factory which was built in 1950s as a youth hall. The current hall is now inadequate, poorly insulated and does not take full advantage of its potential. The proposed building is designed to be a venue for youth and childrens’ activities including sports, as well as other church and community functions such as keep fit, sports, music, meals etc.
- To build a two storey suite of rooms attached to the Sports Hall on the space currently occupied by a temporary dilapidated portacabin, which is currently used as the pastor’s office. This would comprise of three offices, three meeting / counselling rooms, considerable storage areas, a small kitchen for beverages, additional toilets and a shower. Both floors of the development will be accessible from the existing buildings, and all work will be confined within the footprint of the property.